Ube ice cream is a popular Filipino dessert. The Ube Halaya will be your flavor base so it will give your ice cream a luscious taste . I’m a devotee of making homemade ice creams because it has less synthetic ingredients and more natural flavor.
No-Churn Ube Ice Cream (Purple Yam Ice Cream)
- 1 cup Ube Halaya (Purple Yam Jam)
- 4 cups Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons Ube Powder
- Combine 1 cup of whipping cream and ube powder in a small pan. Turn heat on medium and let it simmer while stirring, about 2-3 minutes. This step is to rehydrate the ube powder. Transfer to a small bowl and let it cool.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine ube halaya and the remaining 3 cups of whipping cream. Mix until well combined.
- Add the rehydrated ube powder and condensed milk and continue to mix until smooth and well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan, and cover tightly.
- Place in the freezer for at least 12 hours or overnight before serving.
- The ube powder is great flavor enhancer but if you cannot find ube powder, it’s okay to skip this ingredient.
- You can always adjust the sweetness level of your ice cream by adding more or lessen the amount of condensed milk.