This creamy cheesecake is loaded with chunks of Snickers chocolate and caramel sauce! This is perfect for people (like me) who love rich and very sweet dessert! Although many would think that the level of sweetness of this Snickers Cheesecake is too intense, I find that to be untrue. The tanginess of the cheesecake balances out the naturally sweet candy bar. I’m an absolute fan!
- 1 1/4 cup Ground Graham Crackers
- 75 gms Unsalted Butter 5 tablespoons
- 350 gms Cream Cheese softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk whisked
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 pcs Snickers Chocolate Bar cut into medium dice
- 1/4 cup Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 190º C (375ºF)
- Place a large baking pan (that the cheesecake pan will fit inside) filled with about 1 inch of water into the oven while it preheats. This will be for cheesecake’s water bath.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the ground graham crackers and mix well. Take off the heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled, press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Wrap a large piece of foil around the bottom of the pan to keep the cheesecake dry when placed in the water bath in the oven. Make two layers of foil to make sure the water will not seep through inside the cake pan. Place it in the freezer for ten minutes to set the crust.
- In a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese with sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Pour in the heavy cream and blend mixture for a couple of minutes until silky smooth. Do not forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Whisk all the eggs in a bowl and add them to the cream cheese mixture. Continue beating until everything is well combined.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the filling into it.
- Slowly place the cheesecake into the preheated water bath.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, chill in the freezer for 3-4 hours to set.
- Release the cake from the pan if using a springform pan. If using a mousse ring (which I used in this recipe), use a blow torch and run around the edge of the ring to loosen the cake and remove the ring.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce on top of the cake, and arrange the chopped Snickers chocolate all over the cake.