The mix of orange and pineapple gives this soft, moist treat a subtle sweetness and wonderful citrus flavor.
Orange Pineapple Muffin
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 large Egg room temperature
- 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 3/4 cup canned Crushed Pineapple drained
- 1/2 cup Cashew Nuts
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using a mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until well blended and set it aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy, fluffy and smooth.
- Add the egg and continue beating until well combined.
- Add the yogurt and orange juice. Beat for fe seconds. This will be the curdling stage, don’t worry about the texture as it will be smooth and creamy once you add the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the orange zest. Add 1/2 half of the dry ingredients and fold until well incorporated. Fold in the remaining half, and scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is well combined.
- Fold in the cashew nuts and pineapple until well combined.
- Lay muffin papers on muffin pan.
- Fill the lined muffin papers 3/4ths full with the muffin batter.
- Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking in the oven, make the orang glaze. Combine orange juice, water and sugar in a small sauce pan. Turn on the heat to medium, stir until sugar is dissolved and let it simmer until it is thickened.
- Once the muffins, remove from the muffin pan to prevent from overcooking.