Tired of the same old cupcake flavors? These lovely Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting are a sweet-zesty dessert surprise. Each bite is bursting with lemon flavor. They are refreshingly light, buttery and rich in citrusy-vanilla goodness. Its vibrant colors will surely liven up your dessert spread. These cupcakes are so delicious, you’re going to have to go for seconds or even thirds!
Lemon Cupcakes With Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 120 grams Unsalted Butter room temperature, 1/2 cup
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated White Sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Zest
Lemon Buttercream Icing
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/4 cups Powdered Sugar Icing
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350°F).
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake papers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the flour and baking powder.
- Using a mixer bowl with the paddle attachment, gently beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and continue beating until well combined, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Fold the dry ingredients in two parts (flour and sugar) into the wet ingredients until everything is well incorporated. Do not forget scraping off the sides and the bottom of the bowl before pouring them into the cupcake papers.
- Divide the batter (1/4 cup of batter) evenly among the cupcake tins.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-17 minutes, turning the pans once, halfway through. Use a toothpick to check if the cupcake is done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool few minutes in a cupcake tin.
- Remove the cupcakes from the tin and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Using the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and lemon zest on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Stop the mixer occasionally throughout the entire mixing process to scrape down the bottom and the sides of the bowl.
- Using a spatula, fold in the powdered sugar, then pour in the lemon juice and whipping cream.
- Beat them together until smooth and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pipe or spread frosting over cupcakes. Decorate with lemon slices.