Learn how to make Korean Beef Bibimbap the easy way! It’s a wonderful flavors of rice, seasoned meat, vibrantly cooked vegetables and the distinctly Korean seasoning and spices.
Korean Beef Bibimbap
- 300 gms Beef Tenderloin cut into slices
- 2 tsp Garlic chopped finely
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Gochujang
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 250 grams Shiitake Mushrooms cut into slices
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped finely
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 medium Carrot cut into thin strips
- 1 medium Zucchini cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Soybean Sprouts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For Finishing and Garnish
- 2 Dolsot
- 2 medium Eggs pan-fried
- 4-6 cups Cooked Rice 2-3 cups for each Dolsot
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds toasted
- Combine beef with sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, soy sauce and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Prepare the gojuchang sauce by mixing everything in a small bowl. The sauce should not be too runny. Set it aside.
- Prepare a big plate where you can place all the cooked vegetables.
- Using a frying pan or wok. Heat oil over medium heat. Add the shiitake mushrooms and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the mushrooms are tender. Transfer to a plate once cooked.
- Add a little bit of oil to the pan. Add the carrots and a bit of water, it will help the carrots to cook faster. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until under and transfer to the plate.
- When the pan is getting dry, always add a bit of oil. Add the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender and transfer to the plate.
- Add oil again to the pan. Add the soybean sprouts and a little bit of water. Season with salt and pepper. Once the bean sprouts are cooked, transfer to a plate.
- Last is the spinach. Sauté the spinach just for few seconds or about a minute, you want to keep that vibrant color. Transfer it to a plate. Keep in a warm place.
- Add oil to the pan again. Put the beef and cook until cooked through, probably about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Keep in warm place.
- Using a small frying pan, fry the eggs until crispy-edged egg white and slightly runny egg yolk. You want that yolk to burst when you mix it into the bibimbap. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat up the rice and divide into 2 Dolsot. Arrange the cooked vegetables and beef on top of the rice. Add the egg in the middle. Top it with gochujang sauce and some sesame seeds. Serve while warm. Mix it all up and enjoy!
- A dolsot is Korean stone bowl , suitable for one to two servings of bap (cooked rice.
- Gochujang is a red chili paste that is known distinctly for its Korean spices.
- Make sure to fry eggs until crispy-edged egg white and slightly runny egg yolk. The yolk should burst when mixing into the bibimbap.
- In traditional Bibimbap recipes, they blanch the Spinach. Since this is easier method, I decided to sauté the spinach to make it faster.
- Always consider in getting the freshest ingredients when making Bibimbap, this will give you the most wonderful flavors in one bowl when everything is mixed.
Bibimbap is one of my favorite dishes. It’s very comforting and the Korean spices and seasoning blends harmoniously in your mouth. Also, if you’re a vegetarian, you can remove the meat and you can enjoy this scrumptious dish!